What is blue light?
Well, Blue Light isn’t some unique type of light that only originates from PCs or electronic devices and drove lights – it’s in reality surrounding us. Daylight is the main source of blue light. Blue light is commonly defined as visible light ranging from 380 to 500 nm. Whenever you are outside for work, walk, playing football or even merely enjoying nature you are exposed to blue light
Nowadays, there are so many sources of blue light, and we interact with them daily. What’s more, digital screens are everywhere! You have them at work, at home, they’re in the palm of your hand, they’re there when you wake up in the morning, and they’re there when you fall asleep at night.
And blue light from digital screens has been proven to affect our sleep cycles. A lot of people experience increased eye fatigue from staring at these screens all day long resulting in decreased productivity. Research has found that exposure to blue light contains the production of the sleep hormone melatonin more than any other type of light.
Although the science is still out, there is concern that this blue light could be damaging the retinal cells, and this is really worrisome for a lot of people, not just doctors, and scientists, but even the entire French Health Authority has declared it a national concern.
Do you often felt like your eyes were red and tired by the end of the day, and you wouldn’t feel the ache begin to lift until you finally turned off your devices? Trust me. It happens to most of us. That’s why we need blue light blockers which will be filtering out blue light and work as Eye Protect.
So how to protect your eyes from blue light?
Luckily, there are a couple of simple ways you can direct the measure of artificial HEV light you come into contact with.
Take a little break from your screen :Try to take a break from your screen once in a while. It will reduce the amount of artificial light your eyes are exposed to, and Doctors suggest that it also helps your eyes throughout the day. Blocking blue light will help to protect your eyes from vission loss.
- Use software : It’s relaxing to see and more straightforward for your vision and brain at night as it filters out more light, which it’s why most devices have a night mode you can switch it to. That’s why, nowadays, software developers are adding dark moods to almost every popular apps and software. For android devices, you can use Blue Light Filter – Night Mode, Night Shift. For iPhone, you can use Nightshift.
And for computers, you can use a software called F.lux. It is one of the most popular tools for reducing blue light exposure, and it’s free.
It’s compatible with
- Mac OS X
- Blue light glasses : One easy option to protect your eyes is with anti-blue light glasses. There are so many anti-Blue light glasses you can choose if you want to use them. And they are expensive and if you don’t use glasses regularly chance are that it won’t help you that much.
what if you don’t like wearing glasses what if you don’t like the way they fit or feel on your face. Perhaps you don’t like the yellow color that’s produced when wearing them
- Blue Light Screen protector : But overall, one of the other options as an anti-blue light screen protector and it is known as a protective screen to many peoples. These are protectors that you can apply to your digital devices such as your computer screen, your phone, or your tablet to help prevent that blue light from even coming off of the screen and entering your eye.
And a plus point of using Premium Blue Light Screen Protector is that you apply it ones and then you don’t need to worry about it.
All you have to do is just apply the screen protector carefully so that there is no air bubble left. You don’t have to take it to a kiosk in the mall or anything like that, honestly. It feels pretty heavy-duty on the screen; however, it doesn’t affect the screen at all.
So what is the best blue light filter for PC and other digital devices?
I’m gonna review the Best blue light screen protector that protects your eyes, take a look.
The blue light screen protectors from Ocushield block up to 90% of the blue light coming from 380 to 420 nanometers of light. Now that’s the really high-energy light that we’re concerned could actually affect and hurt the retina.
Also, it blocks 35% of the light that goes from 420 all the way up to 500 nanometers of light that’s the light that can affect your sleep cycles. And if you are a gamer you should be concerned about it because Usually, gamers spend hours and hours in front of monitors while playing games.
- Ocusheild Filters come with an anti-glare coating and a built-in privacy filter
- Colour accuracy
- Easy to apply
- Comes with an installation tray for mobile
- They even provide a 100-day money-back guarantee
- Its a bit expensive.
- You might not like to use the adhesive it’s come with
This blue light screen protector has been selected no 1 best selling screen protector on Amazon for its protective screen power. It’s really good for your monitor or laptop screen to save you from blue light. It blocks between 380nm to 495nm for a wide range of HEV protection than any other screen protector.
- Easy to use and remove
- You don’t need any adhesive to use it
- Comparatively cheap
- You won’t be able to use touchscreen on your monitor or laptop
- They don’t come for mobiles
Retinaguard is another company that produces a wide range of anti-blue light screen protectors. Their screen protectors are best for iMac, MacBook,iPhone pro max and others, and Android.
- Comfortable to use
- Great for insomnia patient
- You have to be careful to install it