There are two ways by which we can repair Fishing rods in Minecraft : With and without Anvil.
How To Repair Items In Minecraft
Items can be repaired by placing two damaged items of the same type on a crafting grid. These items can be weapons, armour or tools. The damaged two items will be combined to a single one with durability equal to the two with a small bonus. So to get best value while repairing, both items should be used until they are below 45% durability. When repairing items any enchantments will be lost this way.
Anvils allows you to rename items, repair enchanted items and even combine the enchantments from different items, at the cost of experience points.
To craft, you’ll need 3 blocks of iron, plus 4 more iron bars, for a total of 31 iron bars.
Now if you want to call your enchanted sword Excalibur or indeed you want to call an apple "Derek", you can rename the item.
Place the item on the left and type the new name in the box, The enchantment cost will be displayed below the box, and if you're happy take the renamed item from the right of the box.
Enchanted items can be repaired by placing them in the second slot either with another item or the material from which they are made with.
For example, An enchanted diamond Axe can be repaired using either a diamond or another diamond Axe.
First, we need to place two enchanted items of the same type on the left, and if it's possible their enchantments will be combined into a new item.
Two enchanted pickaxes can be combined and can be made an even better one. Note that: Their durability is added so this is a repaid job too.
- All combinations are not possible- for instance, you can't have both sharpness and smite on the same sword.
- Enchantments ranks can be increased or added - you can combine two bows with the power I to get one with power II.
- The order of placing the two items makes a difference - the anvil takes the first item of the box to add enchantments and durability from the second item only if it's possible. This affects the cost, so it's better to try both ways around.
Using Enchanted Books
By using Anvils one can transfer enchantment from an enchanted book to an item. Just you need to place the item and book in the slots
Also, we can combine two enchanted books on an anvil to make a new book.
The cost of the repair depends on a number of factors, including with the anvil how many times an item has been modified. Also, Operations that would cost more than 40 experience levels are not allowed which means you will only be able to repair your desired item a few times.
Look, these two pickaxes have a lot of high-level enchantments and that’s why combining them is not allowed.
How to Repair Fishing Rod in Minecraft
1. Repair the Fishing rod in an anvil by combining it with a regular fishing rod. This combining will not erase any enchantments, however, it will cost experience, and note that each time you use an anvil on an item, the XP cost gets higher, so it’s not possible to do this forever.
2. Combine the fishing rod with a regular fishing rod in your crafting station. Note that: This will lose the enchantments.
3. The best option according to us is to Enchant it with mending and at the time of gaining XP while holding it, it will repair itself.