In today’s world, the use of cables is decreasing and Headsets are in no exception. When you’re playing or streaming on your Desktop, Wired headphones gives better feature and value. And, when you’re a console lover or you connect your PC on a TV, you would like to have both flexible and better-featured headset; Wireless Headset enters here. Both types of Headset have their own unique features along with a couple of shortcomings and that’s why we are presenting this Wireless vs Wired Gaming Headset content.
There are some things we need to know. And, precisely that’s why many questions arouse in our head. Let’s find them out!
Wireless vs Wired Gaming headphones
WIRELESS GAMING HEADPHONES
The Wireless gaming headsets are becoming the go-to listening device among consumers. Check out the pros and cons of wireless headphones to see if they’re right for you.
PROS OF WIRELESS GAMING HEADPHONES
- Freedom: No longer are you shackled to your device. Plus, the lack of wires makes it easier and more comfortable for gamers to play video games without sitting too close to the TV.
- Added Features: If you live for the more delicate things, wireless headphones certainly deliver.
- Compatibility: Having Bluetooth connectivity, it would make the device more luxurious. Now, it’s a standard for modern technology to boost Bluetooth.
- Sound Quality: As we mentioned before, wired headphones usually sound better than wireless headphones because Bluetooth can only handle so much information through its signal. However, this only applies if you’re trying to listen to data-loaded lossless file formats like FLAC, WAV, or ALAC. Have no idea what these things mean? Don’t worry about it. Whether it goes through wired or wireless headphones, most average listeners can’t notice a difference between lossless audio and a Spotify/Apple Music stream. Lossless file formats only matter for people who demand the best sound quality possible, like audiophiles, musicians, and DJs.
CONS OF WIRELESS HEADPHONES
- Price: Wireless headphones provide plenty of cool features, but they also have a price tag that reflects these features.
- Battery/Charging: Add wireless headphones to your growing list of things you have to charge. It’s not a massive con by any means since that’s the way the world turns now. However, the battery life of wireless headphones has dramatically improved over the years.
The Wired headphones have been around since 1910 and are still a dependable choice in the audio world. Below are several advantages and disadvantages of wired headphones:
PROS OF WIRED GAMING HEADPHONES
- Price: If you’re on a budget and looking to get gaming headphones or earbuds, wired versions – almost always cost less than their wireless counterparts. Why? Wireless technology is more expensive to manufacture.
- Sound Quality: Audiophiles swear by wired gaming headphones for this reason. Wired gaming headphones receive an analog signal, which can handle more data than Bluetooth. Therefore, it offers better sound quality.
- Ubiquity: As long as there’s a 3.5mm input, wired gaming headphones can connect to any audio source, from your dad’s Walkman to your brand-new laptop. Many modern smartphones are ditching the standard audio jack, but there are adapters and cables such as Lightning and USB-C to solve this issue.
- No Batteries/Charging: Except for active noise-canceling headphones, wired headphones don’t need batteries. Simply plug your headphones or earphones into your audio source, and you’re ready to rock.
CONS OF WIRED GAMING HEADPHONES
Cable: The biggest problem most people have with wired gaming headphones is the cable itself. Desk job workers or anybody who’s stationary for extended periods won’t have an issue with the wire. However, the cable can get in the way when you’re jogging, cleaning the house, or just being mobile. Cords can also get tangled and caught in something, further adding to the annoyance.
Why should you choose a gaming headphone or earphone over a normal headphone or earphone?
The microphone of gaming headsets and earphones are specially made for streaming. But the sound quality of gaming headphones is specially tuned for gaming. So It may not provide a better musical experience as an expensive music headphone or earphone would. Noise isolation is better on a gaming headset or earphone. Due to using colorful lighting, they look better than a traditional Headphone or earphone, even if they are expensive.
Well, Wireless vs Wired Gaming Headset competitions journey end here. There is no say about them as to which one is better. And, the assumption like one is superior to the other has no value. If you’re playing with your desktop, stick with the wired one. But, when you’re playing console, then wireless is way better than wired. Now, which one suits you?
Check our Gaming section.